Friday, March 15, 2024

31 Yu


A2.21|22

Emperor Shun said: "Danzhu is arrogant, don't be like him. He only likes to play for fun. He will take a boat even if there is no water. He holds an orgy party at his own home, that’s what leads to his failure to inherit the throne. I can't let him have his way." Yu said: "I married a girl from Tushan and took her as my wife, and left home four days later. She gave birth to Qi, and I did not go home to see my son, so I was able to successfully control the flood. I assisted in opening up the territory and had it divided into five regions, extending it to five thousand miles away and setting up the governors of twelve states. The reputation of our importance was widespread to places by the four seas, and the leaders of the five princes were appointed, they all had their achievements. And the Sanmiao are stubborn and made no achievements, but my Emperor remembered it!" Emperor Shun said: "Speaking of my name, it counts as your credit.”

From then on, Gao Yao respected Yu's character even more, and he ordered the people to follow Yu as the standard. If anyone disobeyed the orders, he would punish them. As a result, Emperor Shun's name became even more widespread.


帝曰:“毋若丹朱傲,维慢游是好,毋水行舟,朋淫于家,用绝其世。予不能顺是。”禹曰:“予娶涂山,癸甲,生启予不子,以故能成水土功。辅成五服,至于五千里,州十二师,外薄四海,咸建五长,各道有功。苗顽不即功,帝其念哉。”帝曰:“道吾德,乃女功序之也。”

皋陶于是敬禹之德,令民皆则禹。不如言,刑从之。舜德大明。


No comments:

Post a Comment